[TenTec] T-Kit 1220 2m FM Transceiver Mods?

Jack Kovar kovar@ia.net
Sun, 19 Oct 1997 18:38:54 -0500

	I have had similar problems with our 1220 5 watt kit.
I would recomend no one buy this unit until the following problems are
delt with.
   1. All the memories are set back to 146.52 mhz often when car is
started.
   2. All memories are set back to 146.52 mhz when radio is turned on in
high RF field. Example: 1000 watts at 3.9 mhz with dipole	40 feet from
radio, SWR 1.5.
   3. Maximum RF power out of my labeled 5 watt rig is 3.2 watts.
       I rewraped and nugged coils 3 times.
   4. Squelch is too choppy in need of different histeresis setting.
   5.  Front end is possibly related to item 4 problem. Broadcast
transmitters eat up my receiver.

   MY 1220 now collects dust as it lets me down when I need it most.
	I have used it as a single frequency packet station with  good
	results.
	ANYBODY WANT TO BUY A PACKET RADIO ?

	I would very much like to fix most of the quirks.

	ANYBODY HAVE A HANDLE ON THIS RADIO YET ?

			Thanks,
					Jack Kovar
					K0VAR
					kovar@ia.net

> From: Wallace Shackleton <wshackleton@compuserve.com>
> To: Ten Tec <TenTec@contesting.com>
> Subject: [TenTec] T-Kit 1220 2m FM Transceiver Mods?
> Date: Saturday, October 18, 1997 12:51 AM
>
> Hello,
>         Last year I assembled the T-Kit 1220 2m FM Transceiver and I am
> curious to learn if there are any mods available for this kit?
Wish-list.