[TenTec] Triton II meter is wild

PGHDTS@aol.com PGHDTS@aol.com
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 08:43:53 EDT

Hi this my first time on the TenTec list.
I recently purchase a Triton II  at a nearby hamfest and have had trouble
getting the transmitter final to align. I thought one of you technical  types
might be able to give me a hand. Here is the problem-
 With the Mode switch in LOCK the output meter swings wildly so that I cannot
set the drive.  In some cases it will peg to either end  of the meter scale.
And in some cases it will finally return, follow the Drive pot and  give a
steady meter reading. With the Mode switch in the CW2 position and holding
the key down every thing stays solid and I can easily align the amps drive.
In the SSB positions I thank it is solid but I cant be absolutely sure, but
there is no pegging.  Problem is there using a dummy load or with the  antenna
connected. I think the problem is in the Mode switch contacts. If it is what
is a good way to clean contacts? Thanks in advance for any help.
73  Don   KB3CIL