[TenTec] Argonaut 509 - putting it together?

Peter Parker parkerp@pcug.org.au
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 07:27:58 +1000 (EST)

Hi all - I've just bought a used Argonaut 509.  It works very well, but I
have a problem with screwing it together.

No matter how hard I try, I cannot screw on the sliding top panel (the one
holding the speaker) properly. There is a gap of about 10mm between where
the front panel should meet the sliding top.  I do not want to bend or push
things too much in case I damage something.

The owner who sold it to me said that he had never had it used with the
screws done up and the lid on.  Would this have a tendency to deform the
front panel?

Has any one encountered this problem and fixed it?  Any help would be
appreciated.

73,

Peter  VK1PK
Peter Parker   VK1PK                              parkerp@pcug.org.au

Proudly hosting the following web pages:

* Novice Notes Online             * Australian QRP Home Page
* Amateur Radio Ideas Page        * Peter Parker's Projects Page
* ACT Sustainable Transport Working Group Home Page