[TenTec] Argonaut 509 - putting it together?

Rick Arland k7sz@juno.com
Sun, 16 Aug 1998 17:56:51 EDT

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998 07:27:58 +1000 (EST) Peter Parker
<parkerp@pcug.org.au> writes:

>Hi all - I've just bought a used Argonaut 509.  It works very well,
>but I have a problem with screwing it together.
>
>No matter how hard I try, I cannot screw on the sliding top panel (the
>one holding the speaker) properly. There is a gap of about 10mm between
>where the front panel should meet the sliding top.

Hi Pete:

There is a plastic strip that runs full length of the top of the Argo
509. Sounds
like yours is missing. Try calling T-T to see if they still sell that
item.

GL es 73

Rich K7SZ

ARCI: 2388  NorCal: 483
G-QRP-C: 622   NW-QRP-C: 24
Author of Low Power Communications Vols 1-3
Worldradio QRP Column Editor 1987 to 1994
Monitoring Times Contributing Editor (K.I.S. Radio)
Commander, Wyoming Valley QRP Commandos

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]