[TenTec] OMNI VI and Contesting

Chris Robson crobson@erie.net
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 15:32:28 -0400

At 12:09 PM 8/17/98 -0700, you wrote:

>I am thinking about a Omni VI real serious and I will be using it for
>DXing and Contesting.(just CW) If there is a contester please send me
>some info about how the
>Omni VI operates in contests.
>
>Thanks
>K9NI
>Tim Jones

Hi Tim,

	I bought my Omni 6 specificly for contesting just before the PA QSO Party
last year, I broke my personal and county record during the PA Test and
have since then purchased another OMNI 6 for the second operating
position(fondly known as my wife's station position!). I fermly believe it
is the best rig for contesting available, easy to use, easy to interface
with popular contesting software, and best receiver on the market today.
The only problem is it "hears" much better than it's heard. Good Luck.

73, Chris KB3A