[TenTec] 13.5 votts

seweber@netnitco.net seweber@netnitco.net
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 07:20:27 -0500

>Ok, I give up. Why does my Omni VI+ and power supply have 13.5 volt outlets
>while none of the stuff that I need at the station runs on anything but 12
>volts.
>Jim K7JIH

"12 volts" is the traditional designation for the voltage of a lead acid
battery, which is actually 13.8v.

To really understand the difference between nominal and actual, think in
terms of two by fours, the national speed limit, and presidential integrity.

Steve Weber, KD9BO
seweber@netnitco.net

When promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your
superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical and psychological
observations, beware of platitudinous ponderosity. Let your verbal
evaporations have lucidity, intelligibility, and veracious vivacity without
rodomontade or thespian bombast. Sedulously avoid all polysyllabic
profundity, pompous propensity, and sophomoric vacuity.

In other words, KISS (keep it simple etc.)