[TenTec] Administrivia

Jim Lowman jmlowman@ix.netcom.com
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 14:41:04 -0800

Seasons Greetings to all!

I was out of town for a few days, and there was some lively
debate about eBay postings.

I'm not sure what policies may have been set in the past, but
in referring to the Ten-Tec FAQ at:

http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm

there are no limitations placed on posting "For Sale" ads, other
than they should pertain to Ten-Tec equipment.

I don't see a problem with anyone posting a pointer to a Ten-Tec
product, that appears for sale on eBay, as info to the group.
There seems to be no conflict with the "spirit of the reflector"
as we do allow "For Sale" postings for Ten-Tec products.

There has been some debate recently on other reflectors about eBay
postings, particularly on forsale-swap@qth.net.  On another reflector,
the Boatanchor Swaplist, NO style of auction is permitted, even ads
that say "best offer" rather than listing a price.

My own feelings about auctions aside - I don't like them in general;
eBay in particular, as they do tend to favor the seller and also
contribute to price inflation - it seems that there is no need to set
a policy here unless there is a problem, or if the majority of responses
about auctions are negative.  So far, they have been positive.

However, one thing we don't need here is a debate about auctions, so let's
please discontinue that thread.

Hope everyone has a happy holiday.  I will be out of town from December 23-27,
but will probably take the laptop and check in occasionally.

73 de Jim - AD6CW