[TenTec] Omni VI setting phenomena

Steve Milewski milewski@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Sun, 01 Feb 1998 11:18:25 -0800

I've noticed that my recently upgraded (option 3) Omni sporadically changes
some of it's customizations.

For example, the knob speed setting will change by itself to the CW setting
or vice versa. ie. CW speed is set at .83 and SSB is 5.00. When I switch to
SSB, it t will turn at .83 Again, the setting will sometimes also chnage so
that CW takes on the setting of SSB. The speed is also changed in the actual
menu. It's not a circumstance where the menu reads .83 and it turns at the
rate of 5.00. The menu setting changes!

Sometimes the intensity setting of the display will change itself to 7
instead of the 15 that I set in the menu.

The other setting that changes is the LP setting. Sometimes the CW setting
takes on the SSB settting and vice versa.

So far, these are the only settings which I've noticed which change.

Has anyone else experienced this erratic behavior?

Steve/AA7FL