[TenTec] Omni VI+ problems???

David E. Shelton *ku4it*@bellsouth.net
Sun, 01 Feb 1998 18:21:37 -0500

Hello all,
I have a 1 1/2 week old Omni VI+, a demo unit. I have had several small
problems ever since it showed up at the door. One the internal keyer is
frequently going from 25-30wpm to 10wpm without the control knob being
touched. Two, the model 301 remote control tuning knob will not tune up
the band regardless which way you turn it. What is really funny about
this is after a few minutes the 301 can tune up the band without any
difficulty. That is about it that really sticks in my mind.

This is very discouraging especially since the beginning of the weekend
I have been oping and having fun with a friend's Kenwood TS-870S, which
seems to be a very nice rig. I have been tempted is all I can say. I did
not say I gave into the sin of the Kenwood, Hi Hi!

Anyone else had any similar problems with their Omni VI+, TT says my PS
961 is bad so I went to my backup an Astron RS-35M and the problems
repeat, its the rig I know it. :-(

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

--
73 dit dit,

David E. Shelton, RN
KU4IT Amateur Op