[TenTec] Omni VI hash on 10 M

Phillip C. Florine flor0045@metnet.edu
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 19:59:13

Has anyone experienced hearing hash about S2-S3 at various places on 10
meters?  Until recently, I thought this was a real signal in my
neighborhood because it would go away when the aux ant was invoked with
nothing connected to the port.

However, I hooked up my old TS-820S and there was no hash!!!!

The hash is about 50 to 80 kHz wide and occurs from about 28.005 to 28.060
and at about 3 or 4 other places up the band.

I have some experiments in mind to find the source and/or a solution.  In
the mean time, has anyone else experienced this??  ;(

Thanks,

Phil, K0UBC