[TenTec] TT 221 filter

Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG turner@safety.ics.uci.edu
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 16:08:11 -0800

> Now if TT would just make a 1.8 KHz SSB filter that was USEFUL for SSB
> in the 9 MHz IF, I'd REALLY be happy. The one I have now, as I have
> said, is really awful.

I don't know why you don't like it, but I find ALL 1.8 filters
pretty awful (and I have had quite a few). They really restrict
the audio.

If yours is particularly bad, it is probably because your carrier
oscillators (BFO) are misadjusted and you are getting shifted
audio as well as narrow audio.  The Ten Tec 1.8 filter is as good
as or better than any others I have heard.  I do like the IRCI
2.1 kHz filter a bit better, but that makes sense, it is a bit
wider.

Clark
WA3JPG