[TenTec] TT 221 filter

gfbike gfbike@millcomm.com
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 21:31:07 -0600

Thanks for the tip. I will look into that. The radio seems to work fine
in every other way so I was hesitant to tweak the BFO.

I have used 1.8 KHz filters for decades in my TR7 and R7 and I have used
a 1.5 KHz RTTY filter in my "C" line in SSB with excellent results in
crowded conditions. Also I love the performance of the 6.3 KHz IF 1.8
KHz filter in the Omni. So I am accustomed to the sound of the narrow
filter (for crowded band conditions only, of course).

I will try the adjustment and see if things come into play.