[TenTec] Century 21 PTO Repair

Chester Alderman chestert@pressroom.com
Thu, 09 Jul 1998 13:02:04 -0400

Isn't it a treat to Monday morning quarterback?  What's the typical life of
a PTO ? Do you know or do you just love to bitch? TenTec supports their
gear for a VERY long time. What kind of warranty do you get  when you buy a
Eimac tube and it crashes at the 366th day? What they do for you is send
you their price list so you can buy a new one!
Gosh folks, we have one group complaining that part of ham radio is
supposed to be somewhat technical...the other half of the group want
everything to last forever...get a life!
Maybe you guys should go buy some of the good foreign rigs with sythesizers
so you wont have to contend with a PTO that gets sticky from lack of
use...you will not hear weak signals on the ham bands with those rigs and
you will lose you ability to cry too.

At 08:53 AM 7/9/98 -0700, you wrote:

> [...]
Chester Alderman
 * Tom - - W4BQF*