[TenTec] Thoughts re: Corsair II

Dan Presley talljazz@teleport.com
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 15:00:23 +0100

Jeff-go with the Corsair II! Best cw rig made-very simple to operate and a
very good reciever. The problems are very minor, and it also has excellent
filtering and a nice keyer. I do a lot of qrp work, and have found this to
suit my needs to a 'T'-very easy to turn down the drive control for 5 watts
out. The newer rigs have too many bells & whistles that get in the way of
operating, and the performance of the 'II is every bit as good as the
latest offerings. When they pop up for sale on the list, they don't last
long-and T-T has first rate customer service. Some guys complain about the
AGC 'thump', but I've never experienced it on mine, and I do a lot of
weak-signal 'digging' for qrper's. There was even a movement afoot a while
back to get T-T to make a 'new' corsair II.
Dan N7CQR