[TenTec] More 250 Filter Stuff

RICHARD ANDREN andrenr@ul.com
Fri, 24 Jul 98 14:24:00 CDT

>From some of the responses I've received, my initial posting wasn't very
detailed regarding the use of a 250 6.3 IF filter for TTY use.  I should
explain that I already cascade the 500 6.3 and 9 Meg filters, and together
they are superb.  While contesting, I use this combination most of the time.
 During a contest isn't the time to learn about your filters, so that's why I
asked the question.  Sure, I'll play around with it while copying TTY sigs to
see what happens, but while under a heavy QRM attack is when you really get a
chance to see a filter perform.  Most of the time, I would think a 250 would
be too narrow, and miss some people who mis-tune.  Of course, the main
purpose of this filter is for CW use.

I guess I should also mention that the radio I run is an Option 3 Omni VI.
Has anyone found the DSP to be useful using TTY?  I personally find the DSP
to be most useful for CW.

73/DX de Rick N9THC