Leave rig on 24hrs? WAS: [TenTec] QRV -Reply

Paul Plasters PEPLASTERS@mail.rkd.snds.com
Wed, 04 Mar 1998 08:32:26 -0600

GOSH:
It has gotten to where the first BSer doesn't stand a chance anymore!  I
am afraid it has already passed my level of experience!  Seriously, I have
always enjoyed people with good senses of humor, and it seems we
have some great ones here. God bless America and TT.  Throw Harley
Davidson in there too!
73, Paul WA9FFL

>>> "Paul R. Valko" <prvalko%oakland.edu@internet.rkd.snds.com>
03/04/98 08:01am >>>

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Ross F. Guldenbrein NW6R wrote:

> I'm wondering if anybody out there leaves their radio on 24 hrs. a day
> like I do.  And if not, why is this a bad practice.

I would be concerned about emmiter electron depletion of the bipolar
devices.

It could happen.

73! =paul= W8KC
Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics

http://www.acs.oakland.edu/~prvalko

ObTenTec:  I am STILL seeking ft-243 style crystals for my TenTec
TX-100.
    Need some for the low end of 40 and 80M.  Anyone want to take
    a stab at a TenTec QSO Party?  Awards for most TenTec rigs
    worked, oldest, most Argonauts, Deltas, etc... ???  Hmmmmmm