[TenTec] Noise reduction problems in Omni VI - Upgrade 1

WA5TWL WA5TWL@aol.com
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 13:45:47 EST

I am disappointed with the performance of the noise reduction mode in DSP,
upgrade 1.  The complaint is the NR mode on cw.  The volume of the received
tone varies so much that the signals are more intelligible without NR than
with, even with high noise.

I suspect DSP can't filter out all types of noise as effectively as the
types
they are designed for, but I hoped the Tentec would beat the others.  Both
the
DSP-9 and MFJ-1784 are more effective and improve readability, rather than
decreasing it.

I wonder if I have the latest version of the firmware-
The chips are printed:
Logic 98372-1.02
DSP  98374-1.0

Any suggestions, hints, or comments would be appreciated.

Tnx es 73 de John, WA5TWL