[TenTec] Re: Tamed 1340

k8cv@juno.com k8cv@juno.com
Mon, 4 May 1998 01:49:41 GMT

Hi Leigh............

I don't know about the 1320 but, on the 1340, the movement of L-8, L-9
and L-10 windings away from each other fixed the grass on my monitor
scope.  This is not a radio that I would brag about so that is why you
are not seeing any posts about it!

L-1 is VERY critical and if set wrong the AGC goes whacko! With mine I
had set it to the center of the filter and when I finally got the slug at
the TOP of the can things improved to usable! Look at ASSEMBLY - 32! Step
5-33! Check page 28 and page 26 and page 27!

The information on alignment is scattered all over the manual and they
need ONE addendum sheet with the final alignment procedure on it!

I put in a ten turn pot and use an OHR DD-1digital dial with it now!

I would have been better off with a OHR 100A .............. :-)

I will NOT buy any more T-KITS!

Walt K8CV

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]