[TenTec] Argosy II switch for meter light

Wolfgang Peringer wp1076@bingo.baynet.de
Wed, 6 May 1998 20:43:13 +0200

Greetings from Germany:
Just made a small modification for my Argosy II.
The receiver draws 460mA with the display switched off. Without the lamp it
draws only 350mA. The display switch is a DPST switch. Only one set of the
contacts is used to switch the display. So I used the other set of contacts
to switch the 12 Volt line for the lamp. It is easier to do than to
describe. The current consumption of only 350mA during receive makes the
Argosy a real battery saver for portable operation compared to the
competitors.
vy 73
WolfgangW.Peringer@bingo.baynet.de
DK7CY