[TenTec] PTO?

John/K4WJ bohnovic@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 26 May 1998 14:01:57 -0400

At 08:31 AM 5/25/98 -0500, W9SN wrote:

>Hello Tim,  I would say that the grease that is inside that pto is
>getting old and gummy.  I've had the same thing happen on a few of my
>rigs and after rebuilding the pto, (and putting good grease in) I
>found it to be perfect.  The warble you speak of is usually the first
>sign of the pto on it's way out.  Sorry to say but I would probably
>get a pto kit for it.  Ten tec now gives good (red) grease with their
>kits unlike the grease that was original off the assembly line.
>Good luck and keep ten tec'n.....
>

>Steve Narducci  W9SN
>  - ex - NW9G
Steve,

What are your thoughts on why the PTO in my remote VFO hasn't developed a
problem. I bought the remote VFO when I purchased my Omni C back in 1981.
The grease in the remote VFO is at least 17 years old and the PTO is rock
solid. It doesn't move or warble at all.

I must admit that the remote VFO is rarely used when compared to the VFO in
the Omni C, which I use every day. (I usually use the remote VFO to operate
split when chasing DX.)

73..de John/K4WJ

        John/K4WJ in Pembroke Pines, FL
     QTH is 26 00 51 N