[TenTec] Ten Tec Cure for Clicking Omni 6 a No Go

Dale L. Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 09:04:39 -0600

Let's beat this thing to death here....Two weeks ago, I sat
through the whole SS CW Contest with the 'clicks'.

I even ran the sidetone down to zero (off) and the clicks were
still present in the internal speaker, headphones, and external
speaker.

Has anyone done any further investigation as to the source of the
clicks?

I'm going to see if I can borrow an oscilloscope from our club
test bench and see if i can follow the noise backwards to it's
source...at least to the board it may be sourced from.

I don't know about others, but the heightened awareness of it's
existence has now placed the 'click' on the same level as a
dripping water faucet in the bathtub.....

73,
dale, kg5u
kg5u@hal-pc.org