[TenTec] Marking modified equipment

rohre rohre@arlut.utexas.edu
8 Oct 1998 13:30:38 -0500

Hi gang,
As a courtesy to any future buyers, and an aid to our own memories, get a
stick on white Avery label to put on the back panel every time you mod a piece
of equipment.  That way, you know exactly what you did before you sell, or the
buyer will, if you print or type legibly on the label.

Also, it is a good idea to put a label on each rig with your value of it, what
you paid or what it is worth presently , and whether it is a collecters model,
to aid your executor of your estate, your local radio club committee who aids
SK families in pricing radio equipment, etc.

Also, with your will, leave a list of your gear and the pricing, and when you
bought it for the same purpose.  You probably have more than a little money in
your station if you have more than one rig.  Don't forget beams, rotors,
antennas etc.  Especially with HF equipment, this is important, as the HF ham
community is becoming a minority in some local clubs.
I know it is not something we want to think about, but just think what a
saving it will be on your family at a bad time for them.  Also, make sure they
know who to contact, like the names of local club trustees, directors, etc. to
help them find an outlet for all that gear.

I have worked on several estates in last four years, and this is a BIGGER job
for us who are left behind if you do not do it in time.

Just a word to the wise,
Stuart K5KVH