[TenTec] WA3JPG's filter info list & misc.

Al Gulseth agulseth@juno.com
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 12:10:21 EST

1. TNX to WA3JPG for the filter and rig usage list. If I remember
correctly there is also a model 288 which is a 1.8 KHz 6.3 MHz SSB filter
which he didn't list. Also, the Paragon used 6.3 MHz as one of its IF
frequencies and had three optional filter slots for the 282/285/288.

2. On the lighter side: N4NT on the zero beat issue said "There is an
alternative approach which works.  A guitar pitch pipe has the G on it,
which is 746 Hz, I think.  That is plenty close enough to 750 hz for
government work." The best definition I have heard for "close enough for
government work" is "measure with a micrometer and cut with a chainsaw".

73,

Al WB5JNC
agulseth@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]