[TenTec] TenTec's quality and reputation

Charles B. Johnson, Jr. johnsonc@mindspring.com
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 11:28:15 -0500

I've had Ten Tec gear for a number of years, but have been totally out of
ham radio for the past six or seven years. However, once again, I'm getting
re-interested in ham radio, particularly CW DXing, and am looking to
possibly upgrade some gear.

I've always thought that Ten Tec's gear was as good or better than anything
else available, but have heard comments recently that it's not what it use
to be, especially with quality control, particularly since they went to
direct sales. I'm wondering what others think about this. Is Ten Tec going
'downhill'? I currently have a Paragon I and a Titan I, and have thought
about the possibility of trying out an Omni VI+ and maybe the new Titan II
when it becomes available.

Any options?????

Thanks, Charlie K4ZRJ