[TenTec] Freq adjust on Omni VI

J. Pursley kf5mc@flash.net
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 07:27:50 -0600

HI:

First deterine that the offset is the same on all bands. If it is then
the main oscillator will have to be adjusted. FIGURE 4-20 LOGIC BOARD
SCHEMATIC LOWER LEFT YOU WILL SEE C-31, it's just below Y-1 and the Xtal
oven. Adjust C-31 for a reading of 10 MHZ at pin 9 of U-21.  The
adjustment will have to be done several times before it settles down. If
all goes well and all other oscillators are within tollerence your radio
will be on frequency. If it is still off , check and see if it's the
same amount on upper and lower sideband. The sideband oscillators could
also be out of tollerance. When I finally received my Omni VI back from
modification it too was out of tolerence, fortunately for me it was only
a minor adjustment of C-31..........Joe