[TenTec] Wanna buy a 301?

Dale L. Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 17:02:12 -0500

When I realized there might be a mini-market for the 301, I
thought about it a bit, then set it aside.

Here's what I came up with just guessing:

1.  Box (sloping front, Ten-Tec type (tan/eggshell)) - $15
2.  Three conductor w/shield cable, 6ft. - $1.00
3.  Four terminal terminal strip $0.50
4.  Cable Grommet - $0.50
5.  6-32 x 3/8" screw and 6/38 hex nut - $0.25
6.  Rotary Encoder - $45.00
7.  Ten-Tec Main Tuning Knob - $15.00
8.  DB-25 connector - $1.00
9.  Lead/steel weight - $2.00
10.  Shipping cost - $10.00
11.  Time (?)

Estimated Cost: $90.25

Now, the costs are all guestimates.  It could be +/- that amount
by a substantial amount depending on the actual cost of parts.

At one time, I thought about following through and contacting the
company who makes the Rotary Encoder for Ten-Tec (Oak Grigsby,
Sugar Grove, IL 630-556-4200), and seeing exactly how much they
cost--when I bought what turned out to be among the last 301
parts from Ten-Tec to assemble a 301, I contacted OG to get a
spec sheet/drawing of the encoder so I could be sure to wire it
up without blowing it up.

Clarostat, according to Digi-Key catalog, has a rotary encoder
for $43.91 each.
I never asked Oak-Grigsby how much their encoder costs.

73,
dale, kg5u