Fwd: [TenTec] Re: [CW] Kachina vs. Omni VI+

Jim Lowman jmlowman@ix.netcom.com
Mon, 07 Sep 1998 12:53:18 -0700

At 03:15 PM 9/7/98 -0400, Chester Alderman wrote:

<excerpt>Fortunately most hams who frequent the TenTec reflector are not
like this one:

At 10:46 AM 9/7/98 -0400, you wrote:

<excerpt>In a message dated 9/6/98 8:48:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

chestert@pressroom.com writes:

> chestert@pressroom.com

Thanks for your assuming imput, I have in fact read the manual from front

to back and have seen the menu selection in "menu 3" that allows you to
do that.

Unfortunatly that is NOT my problem. My problem is that the clock resets
to 12:00 and the

frequency no matter what band your on resets back to 14.000.00. when you
turn the power off

</excerpt>to the rig.

<excerpt>As I said to that last person that told me to read the manual in
this

</excerpt>group " go fuck yourself!!!! .

<excerpt>I indeed have read the manual and could not

solve my problem so I went to the mail reflector for assistance. I have

received many notes of assistance and only two gave

me smartass replies!!!!!!! 73 my friend

</excerpt></excerpt>

While I don't agree with this sort of reply, perhaps we can learn a
couple of lessons

from it:

First, assume nothing, and read nothing into messages.

Second, a response of "Read the manual" is not helpful, and may as well
not have been

sent.  A more helpful reference would be, "Check page xx of the manual to
see if this

helps the problem."

73 de Jim - AD6CW