Fwd: Re: [TenTec] Apology to Chester -W4BQF

Chester Alderman chestert@pressroom.com
Mon, 07 Sep 1998 19:49:27 -0400

--=====================_33293935==_.ALT

>Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 19:48:23 -0400
>To: N1qdw@aol.com
>From: Chester Alderman <chestert@pressroom.com>
>Subject: Re: [TenTec] Apology to Chester -W4BQF
>
>Kevin...
>
>       I honestly was not being a smart butt by suggesting you read the
manual.
At the time I did recall that your kind of problem would occur if one of the
menu items was not set correct. If I had responded to you Kevin, what I should
have done is check the manual myself to make sure what I was suggesting was
correct, however my comment was not directed to you and I did not send any
email to you. My response was to someone who was thinking about buying an Omni
6+ but had a concern about your problem and I was mainly trying to assure him
that most Omni's direct from the factory do work well.
>       I did post your unsolicited email to me because I would hope that most
users of this reflector do not post responses like that. However I assure
you I
have had the same frustrations that you are going through now, and I have
typed
angry responses when I should have cooled off first, but fortunately my senses
returned before I hit the SEND button.
>       In any event I think it's quite big of you to post your apology. I
certainly hope you can find the fix to the problem and you find it works well
for you. In the future when I do reply to someone directly I'm going to be
more
careful in my choice of words and/or suggestions.
>       73 and good luck in getting the problem fixed.
>

>>    Chester,
>>
>>     I chose to keep my comments off the reflector because I believe I am a
>>ham of good faith. Put yourself in my shoes for a minute......I ask a
question
>>in
>>good faith because I have a problem that I cannot solve, then I get folks
like
>>yourself
>>and another guy that tell me to "read the book" and that "I must be
>>illiterate".
>>Well, I can assure you that these types of comments are very frustrating. I
>>apologize
>>for my rude comment to you, that comment was out of frustration and I should
>>have
>>stepped back for a moment and thought about what I was typing.
>>
>>     I can assure you that I read the manual and I am unable to solve my
>>problem.
>>I was hoping someone had a similar problem that would be able to shed some
>>light
>>on it.
>>
>>     I will not post any further comments regarding my offline comments to
the
>>group. I believe that the group does not need to be bothered with this kind
of
>>stuff.
>>I also believe that because you posted my offline reply to you to the group
>>they also
>>needed to see my apology. I also want to thank all of you that responded to
my
>>request for assistance in solving my problem, it was appreciated. I will
post
>>a conclusion to my dilemma when it has been resolved.
>>
>>I would also like to apologize to the reflector for having to read this.
>>

>>tnx Kevin -
>>
>>K1KEG

Chester Alderman
Tom - W4BQF
chestert@pressroom.com

--=====================_33293935==_.ALT

honestly was not being a smart butt by suggesting you read the manual. At
the time I did recall that your kind of problem would occur if one of the
menu items was not set correct. If I had responded to you Kevin, what I
should have done is check the manual myself to make sure what I was
suggesting was correct, however my comment was not directed to you and I
did not send any email to you. My response was to someone who was
thinking about buying an Omni 6+ but had a concern about your problem and
I was mainly trying to assure him that most Omni's direct from the
factory do work well.</div>
post your unsolicited email to me because I would hope that most users of
this reflector do not post responses like that. However I assure you I
have had the same frustrations that you are going through now, and I have
typed angry responses when I should have cooled off first, but
fortunately my senses returned before I hit the SEND button. </div>
event I think it's quite big of you to post your apology. I certainly
hope you can find the fix to the problem and you find it works well for
you. In the future when I do reply to someone directly I'm going to be
more careful in my choice of words and/or suggestions.</div>
good luck in getting the problem fixed.</div>
reflector because I believe I am a</div>
minute......I ask a question</div>
then I get folks like</div>
and that &quot;I must be</div>
frustrating. I</div>
frustration and I should</div>
typing.</div>
manual and I am unable to solve my</div>
able to shed some</div>
comments regarding my offline comments to the</div>
with this kind of</div>
you to the group</div>
that responded to my</div>
appreciated. I will post</div>