[TenTec] Stereo 'phones

Jim White jwwhite@gate.net
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 18:50:05 -0400

Hi, I guess my age is showing, I never saw(used) a "modern" set of
'phones..Mine are from WW2, the kind you see the pilot wearing in "Memphis
Belle"-strictly "comm" phones, 600 ohms..They complement CW usage
perfectly..My "other" set are made from a WW2 Navy sound-powered handset, I
took out the Transmitter and Receiver, (they are Identical 1K units)  and
mounted them in a "hollowed out" set of stereo-type headphones. (with a mono
plug) they arre heavy, but the padding on the Stereo-type phones is equal to
the task.  I will look in my Centaur manual to see what sigs are sent back
to the Omni from the QSK circuit..   '73 Jim W. K1EXE

P.S. Re; the "ten-tec net"  today, the Condx were not good here on 20, I
switched from beam to dipole and back, and no difference in the sigs, they
were all low, with the exception of KC5KWE--'73