[TenTec] Intermittent Freq. shift

Jim White jwwhite@gate.net
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 21:36:55 -0400

Lynn, W4NL---I have occasionally heard another signal (CW) to which I was
listening (80M) shift down in freq. a hundred or so HZ. This almost always
happened while listening to NCS on the "Fists" slow net.. I was tempted to
E-Mail him, and ask if he knew his signal shifted occasionally, but I
didn't.. I did wonder why no one else seemed to notice..Then I heard another
station shift on 20M, and began to realize that it was the Omni 6+ doing
it!-- It doesn't happen often, but it does happen, it sounds like you say,
that is it sounds like you touched an Osc. coil, or something..I didn't want
to think it was my precious Omni, but after seeing your post, I realize that
it must be, I don't know what the fix is though, and since it's random, and
intermittent, it's pretty hard to Quantify..  Jim W. K1EXE