[TenTec] Re: The Solution: OmniVI+ & Alpha87A QSK Together!

Jim Reid jreid@aloha.net
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 15:44:23 -1000

Hi again,

In my post on the subject awhile ago,  I typed this:

>>Be sure the AGC button is ON (I had put it off last
>night while fooling around); Omni fast QSK does not
>seem to work with the AGC OFF. And,  go to menu 1,
>and shut the LCO back off,  if you have had it on;  this
>stops the relay clicking noise!

Actually,  it seems to be just the oposite.  The described
fix for VI+ and 87A QSK seems to require that the Omni
AGC be set to OFF !?  What I did when typing the above,
was have the AGC buttom pushed IN;  and that turns it OFF,
no ON.

So, the S meter  does not read, and be ready to turn down the
RF gain if a strong signal shows up near by;  use at least
a 500 Hz CW filter when in QSK operation,  or narrower?

Wonder  why this QSK fix is impacting the use of AGC?

73,  Jim,  KH7M