[TenTec] Mobiling

Bill Hawkins w5ec@digitalexp.com
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 06:53:50 -0500

Thanks to all who responded to my post about an antenna.
No definite fix-all answer yet so a little more detail.
We just spent the kid's inheritance and bought a motor home.
All fiberglas including the bumpers. The only metal on the outside
is a ladder to the roof, but it is not grounded to the frame. I could
bond it with braid.
Should I mount the antenna on the ladder? High or low?
Is there a commercial clamp mount or do I make one?
Sounds like I need the 1/4 wave counterpoise which won't be too
hard as the MH is pretty long. Is there any bad effect from having the
antenna behind the counterpoise?
I think I will try to use my old faithful OMNI D. Anybody ever use
one for mobile?
Thanks again.
Bill W5EC