[TenTec] Pegasus AM

Sherrill WATKINS SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us
Mon, 06 Dec 1999 11:11:36 -0500

Duane: Where have you been? There are many people restoring, collecting  and operating antique rigs. There are so many that there is a monthly  magazine devoted solely to this purpose.  Its name is ELECTRIC RADIO.  It makes for outstanding reading.  It somewhat reminds me of QST back in the '30s and '40s, when it used to be fun to read.  I also own Drake, Johnson, National, Hammarlund, Howard, Curtis and other equipment in addition to TenTec.   It is best to apply a small amount of Lubriplate to the switch contacts to keep oxidation of the contacts from forming. -Sherrill W.  K4OWN.

>>> <dacalvin@us.ibm.com> 12/06 9:45 AM >>>

I guess I'm missing something - for running antique modes, why not run
antique rigs?  While it's not plate modulation, I've got AM capability with
an old Drake 4-Line.  Of course, I never use it on that mode.  Maybe I
should  rotate the mode control through AM on the T-4X just to wipe the
rust off the switch - hi!

     73,  Duane    AC5AA

Duane A. Calvin
Server Systems Test Engineer
Dept. 76TS   RS/6000 - SP Nodes
IBM Austin, TX      >O<     Tie: 793-3368

phil <phil@invest.fsbusiness.co.uk> on 12/05/99 03:33:04 AM