[TenTec] Pegasus Lock-ups

Greg Hodsdon k7kj@teleport.com
Mon, 06 Dec 1999 17:39:22 -0800

Steve:

Steve Ellington N4LQ wrote:

> I've been having a lot of system lock ups lately and seemed to have
> solved it by doing the following:
>
> Go to:
> My Computer/control panel/ system/performance/graphics...adjust slider
> all the way to the left (none). Reeboot.

My graphics slider is all the way to the right. However, thanks for the
tip if problems start.

> As for the remote pod. I've found that I can't enter a number when the
> screen is showing other than the Pegasus panel. I immediately get a
> gpf but can quickly restart the program but it comes up on a different
> frequency. Has anybody else noticed this?

Same problem here when attempting to enter a frequency from the keypad
with the Pegasus program in the background. The gpf screen comes up but
the radio continues to operate . I then select "recover" from CrashShield
and everything is back to normal. The radio continues to operate without a
hitch throughout the gpf and returns to the same frequency (freq doesn't
change).

I multi-task with LOGic5, which is my logging program, and it also runs
the packet TNC and rotor controller. I do notice one new feature within
the logging program not operating properly but cannot attribute it to the
Pegasus.

The computer is a 233Mhz, socket 7 Pentium with 64MB RAM with Entegra hub
2U4S serial port expander. The Pegasus operates on Com 5.

73 de Greg, K7KJ
Portland, OR