[TenTec] QUESTION FOR CORSAIR I OWNERS

JEFF S JOHNSON aa8ve@juno.com
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 10:02:11 -0500

I don't have a Corsair  II ( Yet!  My dream rig)   however in my Omni-V I
have all the filters and find that for general CW QSO's the 500 is fine.
If I want to work a specific station like for a SKED or "that rare one"
and I'm getting tromped on the 250 works very well. For this reason I
like it in there. If I had to choose only one it would definitely be the
500.  I agree with Joe it is a must have item if you want to enjoy CW.

Alan I'm not sure what you mean by  "The standard Filter" but I guess it
would be 2.4 Khz which is the standard SSB receive band width and for CW
while it can be done you'll hear way too many signals at one time to
really use it.  You mention "serious CW operations" for this I would have
to recommend both .500 and .250 Khz filters.

Enjoy your new Corsair,  73 Jeff aa8ve