[TenTec] Luke Power Supply

Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 10:56:02 -0500

I purchased a 40A Luke power supply in 1995 based on Doug DeMaw's rave review in
 CQ Magazine.
It was a monster, very heavy and well built.   Came from western Michigan.  They
 made lots of different
units, apparently basing the business plan of the company on an expected
government contract (not smart, read on).

Then the PSU blew up -- I suspect as a result of a lightning hit.  Took me 6
months to find the Luke Company (they'd since
been reduced to maybe 2 people), after which I sent it back.

It's been 2 years now and not only haven't I heard from them, but their phone's
been disconnected, and for all I care, the
power supply is a write-off.  Registered letters do not work :-(

Eric W3DQ
rosenberg.eric@orbcomm.com

---------

Hsu, Aaron (aaron.hsu@unistudios.com)
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 16:50:47 -0800

The Luke PS-40(?) 40amp power supply was reviewed in either CQ or QST a few
years back.  Gave it a glowing review - even though it doesn't run on tubes =).

Don't have the article handy, but I believe they're a small firm and deal
direct.  New York, if I remember correctly.  Search the QST indexes and you
could probably find the article.

73,

  - Aaron Hsu, KD6DAE
    (athsu)@unistudios.com