[TenTec] Boom Mics

Jan Ditzian ditzian@alltel.net
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 13:56:44 -0500

"Vincent A. Santis" wrote:

> Hi listees,
> Hate to be a pest but because of a visual disability I need to use a boom
> mic which allows me enough room to be able to write without my head knocking
> a desk mic off the table.
> The question ....  is anyone using the TR-2ooo boom mic by Warren Gregoire
> and associates?
> Thanks,
>
> Vince Santis, WB1DQN
> Winsted, CT

Vince,

I am using that microphone and headset with my Omni 6 and Ameritron AL-1200.  It
is cheap and works well.  I did some comparisons between that and an old Ten Tec
electret microphone intended to work with older Omnis and Corsairs, I think.
The Ten Tec microphone had apparently wider response, but high fidelity is not
of interest to me.  The overall reception that the Gregoire microphone received
was positive, and I use it for DXing regularly.  The microphone has plenty of
output, and the gain stays at the 9 o"clock position.  I do not usually use
speech processing, but it works OK with that as well.

73,
Jan, KX2A