[Fwd: Re: [TenTec] COMPUTER MONITOR AND RF SHIELDING]

Ariel Elam k4aal@jackatak.theporch.com
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 22:20:29 -0600

Here is something that was posted to a reflector that is read by many
techical people who are ARRL members. I am a lifer. What about an
article in QST??? A reply to the reflector will be appreciated. Failure
to reply will probably bring out unfavorable comments.

73, Ariel M. Elam, K4AAL

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [TenTec] COMPUTER MONITOR AND RF SHIELDING
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 21:53:10 -0500
From: "Larry Kayser" <kayser@king.igs.net>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>

Greetings:

I have always wondered why the ARRL has not made a significant effort
and
contribution to the amateur community by helping us with their
laboratory
facility learn to have RFI free computers and monitors.

During the era after WW II of the TVI proofing the ARRL made a
contribution
to basic engineering and the amateur community survived the era.  The
League
has not done so with the Computer Generation, as far as I can remember
they
have not once since the introduction of the IBM PC in 1980 have they in
the
last 20 years published any serious works about shutting these things
up.

Devoted entirely to amateur radio?  Maybe only a portion of amateur
radio.
As a life member I am not impressed with the Leagues performance in this
area.

Larry
VA3LK