[TenTec] Re: TenTec Antennas. Was used/demo etc. bla bla

Caitlyn Martin caitlyn@netferrets.net
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 14:55:00 -0500

Hi, everyone,

You know, there is another great, truly innovative use for Ten Tec 12-meter
mobile antennas, especially for you Scout and Argo owners.  Stick a 12 meter
module in the radio and get on one of the most underrated bands in ham
radio.  12 meters is great for those Argo 556 owners out there, especially.
If 10 and 15 are wide open, likely so is 12.  It's not crowded, and you'll
have no problem with strong adjacent channel QRM wiping out your five watt
signal.

OK, my sarcastic streak has come out a lot lately, but seriously, I remember
having my old TS-660 in my car on the passenger seat during a long drive.
It put out 10 watts, BTW, and I had a 12 meter hamstick.  I spent close to
an hour talking to a Latvian engineer.  It was fun, and *yes*, he was in
Latvia.

You know, 10 watts used to be the most power I put out on any band.  Now I
have a 50 watt Argosy which I do use on high power.  I feel like I'm
cheating or something...

73,
Caity
KU4QD