[TenTec] Ten Tec PTO problem

Paul Plasters peplasters@rockford.com
Fri, 08 Jan 1999 20:16:44 -0600

After reading several coments where turning the knob from end to end, I came up with a question!  What if once a month or so we turned the knob from end to end, would it help keep the lube distributed more evenly, and prolong life of the PTO?

What do you think?

I know from a ball bearing course I attended years ago, that a ball bearing can go bad sitting on a shelf.  They need to be rotated every so often for maximum life.  The man giving the talk that day, said even car wheel bearings can and will go bad if left sitting in one place too long.  Just a thought,

73 Paul K9PEP

At 11:39 PM 1/6/99 EST, AD4YH@aol.com wrote:

>Hello there Bob & everyone...

>I have an OMNI D that also seemed to have the warble soon

>after doen a complete rebuild of the PTO. I also notice that

>running the PTO to both ends of the travel definitely helps.

>I looked at mine pretty carefilly when I had it apart. If I end up

>taking it apart again. I will look for the scoring on the shaft again.

>(I think I remember that TEN TEC supplied me a new shaft in the

>kit, but that doesn't fix the scorin in the raceway.

>The other thing some folks do when they re-build these things

>is to use silicone grease instead of the "red" stuff. This seems

>to last longer and do a better job. It's not on mine tho...

>ZUT de AD4YH /UP

>--

      o~

  _ (/]_