[TenTec] Ten Tec PTO problem

Robert Weingaertner weingaertner@nac.net
Sat, 09 Jan 1999 08:38:01 -0500

Good point, Paul. That's what I do. I haven't had the time to
rebuild the PTO in my Corsair I (Its a backup for my Paragon, anyway)
so before each operating session, I just run the PTO up and down the
range a couple of times to loosen up the grease. It works. Still,
I plan to clean out and regrease the PTO "soon". I tried spraying
lithium grease into it, but the old grease definitely needs to be
cleaned out to do  a proper job.

By the way, my Scout PTO has a couple of jumpy spots. Anyone ever open
up one of these PTO's?

                      73,  Bob WB2VUF