[TenTec] Best Dummy Load Oil..??

Robert Weingaertner weingaertner@nac.net
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 15:16:03 -0500

Tim,

My Heath "Cantenna" instructions say not to use motor oil because
"the vaporizing temperature of moto oil is too low and would cause
excess vapor." Who knows what the additives in motor oil would do?
If you aren't running a kw, mineral oil will work fine. Here is some
more info from the Cantenna manual:

At 200 watts: mineral oil or transformer oil: > 120 minutes
At 600 watts: mineral oil 12 minutes, transformer oil 18 minutes
At 1000 watts: mineral oil 2 minutes, transformer oil 10 minutes

                  73, Bob WB2VUF