[TenTec] any way to RIT a V

Steve Ellington n4lq@iglou.com
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 08:01:21 -0500 (EST)

Yes. I converted the "notch" control knob into RIT. It's rather easy but
it's range is limited to only .5khz or so. I used the variable voltage
available at this control to activate a varicap diode across the bfo's
trimmer cap. This works ok but  of course it moves the bfo frequency
within the passband of the IF thus affecting your passband tuning but it
does get the job done when someone is a tad off frequency. I see no hope
for using the 301 knob for anything other than tuning convience.

One might be able to extend the a=b and split function buttons out to the
301 knob and install pushbuttons on either side of the knob. Sort of a 301
mouse!

N4LQ Steve

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 LJL160@aol.com wrote:

> I wonder if the external tuning unit (301 I think) could be made to function
> as an RIT on my Omni V.  Has anyone ever added RIT to a V?  I could live with
> that nicely. It would also be nice if someone could re silk screen old Ten Tec
> panels like Triton 4s etc.
>
> --

Steve Ellington N4LQ
N4LQ@IGLOU.COM