[TenTec] Argosy problem

Pete Burbank plburbank@kih.net
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 00:20:00 -0500

Hi all,
My beloved Argosy (analog) has a strange problem. The rig works
great on all bands as it has for years but lately has me scratching
my head. When keying about 20WPM with Xtal filter out, everything
is normal. If I switch in the 217 filter, the S-meter hits the hi
stop with each dit or dah. AGC recovery time is a bit slushy for
QSK. This occurs on all bands from 1 to 50 watts. With a handkey
plugged in, the meter pegging occurs at the end of key down.
No pegging occurs when switching on with the front panel mode
switch ...Lock position.
External conditions are: Husky car battery power...ferrites
around supply leads. Load,...either dummy load or various antennas.
Headphones and DSP power disconnected.
Any ideas??

Pete   W4VCT