[TenTec] Triton IV vers Corsair II

Joe L Blackwell aa4nn@juno.com
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 19:14:00 -0400

de Joe, AA4NN
I notice the same here with my Corsair II and Triton IV (540).  While I
am CW
only, the triton just seems to have a wider "window" and it's just a
pleasure
to switch back and forth with the rigs to hear the difference.  I don't
know why.

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 15:29:21 -0500 "William Lee"
<willee@interconnect.net> writes:

>I ran a coax to the back bedroom from the garage where the radio room
>is
>located (about 75ft). The radio in the garage is a Corsair II. The
>radio in
>the bedroom is a Triton IV. I noticed a much lower noise level with
>the
>Triton IV and thought the coax was somehow attenuating the siginal. I
>moved
>the Triton IV to the garage for a side by side test and guess
>what..... The
>Triton IV kicked the Corsair II rear. Now this Corsair II was gone
>over by
>Ten Tec last year so I know it is up to snuff but the signial to noise
>level
>is a lot better with the Triton IV. The noise blanker is also more
>effective. I run mostly SSB on 20m. I just dont understand how the
>little
>Triton IV can have a better siginal to noise ratio that the Corsair
>II. Is
>that supposed to happen?
>
>William Lee  N5WRX
>

>--

Vy 73, de Joe AA4NN
Eastern Top Band ARC,  Carolina DX Assn,  Carolina CW Ops,
Fairfield County Contesters, Ten-Tec only, CW only.
eeetet   ee