[TenTec] Re: Receiver AGC and QRN

Robert Weingaertner weingaertner@nac.net
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 19:50:18 -0400

I find on my Paragon (IF AGC) and Corsair (audio AGC), it works
better in the presence of strong QRN if I switch in the attenuator.
This shuts off the RF amp and adds in a 10 dB attenuator. The AGC
action is smoother and on QRN-prone bands like 80 and 160, there
is still plenty of signal to work with.

         73, Bob WB2VUF