[TenTec] Astatic that is...

Thos. Wade Patton wadepatton@mindspring.com
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:18:55 -0500

Check you records.  It is my understanding that the Astatic Company was
incorporated in 1933 by two Ohio hams who wanted a better microphone.  It
probably is for real radios, like my Omni V and the others mentioned here.

My mid-seventies D-104 also has the 10-DA head, but the lollipop gets
better reports.  So sad, because the 10-DA looks so distinctive.

BTW a chicken-choker WILL work on CB...if you like that sort of thing.

May your signals be big, es 73, W1ADE