[TenTec] Omni 6 unplus

Steve Ellington N4LQ n4lq@iglou.com
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 19:46:40 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_01B0_01BEC0D5.C66AAF00

My intention here was not to start a debate over the legalities of =
putting a sticker on the upgraded Omni VI but to simply warn folks that =
since people are now changing the lable on their rigs, to be careful =
when considering the purchase of an "Omni VI Plus". You may think you =
are getting a rig less than ONE year old while in fact it could be 5 =
years old!=20

There is a reason that TenTec didn't put the PLUS lable on the front =
panel of their modified rigs and it wasn't due to the cost of the =
sticker. The Omni VI Plus is in fact a different rig. The model and =
serial numbers are different and I guarantee you there are more changes =
than the upgrades alone.=20

For you guys who die with a fake Omni VI Plus; Please take it with you! =
Some poor ignorant ham will sooner or later blunder into your rig at a =
hamfest, estate sale, rec.radio.swap or this mail list, buy it and then =
the trouble will begin.=20

Steve N4LQ=20
owner of a real Paragon II.=20

------=_NextPart_000_01B0_01BEC0D5.C66AAF00

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">My intention here was not to start a =
debate=20
over the legalities of putting a sticker on the upgraded Omni VI but to =
simply=20
warn folks that since people are now changing the lable on their rigs, =
to be=20
careful when considering the purchase of an "Omni VI Plus". You may =
think you=20
are getting a rig less than ONE year old while in fact it could be 5 =
years old!=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">There is a reason that TenTec didn't =
put the=20
PLUS lable on the front panel of their modified rigs and it wasn't due =
to the=20
cost of the sticker. The Omni VI Plus is in fact a different rig. The =
model and=20
serial numbers are different and I guarantee you there are more changes =
than the=20
upgrades alone. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">For you guys who die with a fake =
Omni VI Plus;=20
Please take it with you! Some poor ignorant ham will sooner or later =
blunder=20
into your rig at a hamfest, estate sale, rec.radio.swap or this mail =
list, buy=20
it and then the trouble will begin. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">Steve N4LQ </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">owner of a real Paragon II.=20
</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01B0_01BEC0D5.C66AAF00--