[TenTec] Anyone

Dale L. Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Sun, 2 May 1999 21:12:27 -0500

>Anyone make any interesting QSO's today on their TEN-TEC
radios??

>--
Yes.  Two, in fact.  Both on PSK31, and I was running only about
10 or 15 watts.  One in St. Charles, MO, before yardwork and one
in Friendswood, TX, after yardwork.  The second was and old
friend, Ozzie, W5RK, living in a condo and running barefoot, at
reduced power, to a random sized loop in the attic of his one
story bldg--but in the three years there, he's worked 190
countries!!

He had a heart attack recently, but I invited him up (4 miles
away) to be my ground crew supervisor from the comfort of a
lounge chair in the backyard when I get the crew together to swap
out my A3S with a Force 12 C3.  He said he'd be delighted!  :-)

I had not seen or heard him on the air in quite some time and it
was great to hear him on the air.  He's not using a Ten-Tec, but
I'm sure he wishes he was.

73,
dale, kg5u