[TenTec] URGENT NOTICE: Long Distance E-mail

patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk
Wed, 05 May 1999 00:27:47 +0100 (BST)

Most of us already have no free calls here in UK ... every call is
charged, although at present it is usually at local call rates. This
is not unduly expensive, but if they can get away with charging long
distance rates for e-mail put into the system by a local call, then
the Internet is dead for me and most ordinary folk. The downside for
the greedy phone companies is obvious - a fall in revenue because Joe
Public will leave the phone on the hook ... or do they think we are
that stupid as to pay long distance rates for local calls ??

But maybe there is a bright side .. it could work wonders for real
communication by ham radio. Perhaps there is hope for an end to the
endless and largely meaningless exchanges of numbers - the contests
that destroy  civilised conversation most weekends.

Go get 'em.

73  John G3JAG (wearing flame proof shorts)

E-Mail: patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk
Date: 05-May-99
Time: 00:14:46

COPYRIGHT means don't copy .....